Avital car alarms provide additional protection for your vehicle but the aftermarket components could malfunction and your owner’s manual won’t help.
Therefore, if you find yourself in this situation, you may wonder how to reset your car alarm. If you’d like to find out, keep reading!
How Do I Reset An Avital Car Alarm?
You can reset an Avital car alarm system by disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery then waiting a while. Disconnecting the battery cuts off its power supply and waiting for some time allows it to discharge and get rid of any residual current. When you reconnect the battery the system will reboot and reset.
Keep reading to learn about the Avital car alarm system, including how to disable it, where to find the valet button, reprogramming the remote and more!
How Do I Disable My Avital Car Alarm?
To disable your Avital alarm, do the following:
- Hit the unlock button on your remote
- Watch the parking lights and wait for them to flash. This will be followed by the car’s horn making two chirping sounds
- Use the car key to unlock the doors
- Get inside the car
- Turn it on but don’t start the engine
- Hit the valet button and wait five seconds
To disable an Avital car alarm without the remote, you can still follow the above guidelines if you start at step 3.
How Do I Reprogram My Avital Remote?
To reprogram your Avital remote, use the following these steps:
- Open the driver’s side door and don’t close it
- Put your key into the ignition and turn it to the ON position, but don’t start the car
- Press the valet button once then press and hold it
- Wait for it to make a beeping or chirping sound
- While still holding the valet button, press the button on the remote that you want to program
- Wait for another beep or chirp
- When you hear it, release the valet button and close the door
You can use this procedure to set up a new remote when you get it replaced or resync an old remote if it malfunctions and unpairs from the system.
How Do I Get My Avital Alarm Out Of Valet Mode?
According to an Avital user manual, you can turn valet mode off by doing the following:
- Turn the ignition on
- Turn the ignition off
- Press and hold the valet button for 10 seconds
- Watch for a status LED light that goes off to let you know you have exited valet mode
This process is also how you enter valet mode. In this, the LED light will come on to let you know valet mode is active.
Where is the Valet Program Button On Avital?
Avital valet buttons are smaller than those found on other brands, meaning they’re more flexible in terms of where they can be placed.
The program button is a small button on the end of a wire, so that’s what you should be looking for. Its button looks like the one on a clickable pen, and is usually black (though it might come in other colors).
Usually, the installers put the button underneath the dashboard on the driver’s side towards the end of the steering column.
If you can’t get in a good position to inspect this area, you can use your hand to feel around it, but be careful, because you never know if there are exposed wires under there.
Sometimes it could be on the top side of the dashboard for someone who has trouble reaching the location mentioned above.
Whoever installs the system will likely tell you where they put it, and if you’re dealing with a used car, you can contact the original owner and ask them to help if you can.
To find out more about car alarms, you can also read our related posts on what do to if the car alarm keeps going off, how much is a car alarm, and what is a passive car alarm.
You can reset your Avital car alarm by disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery, then waiting about an hour for it to discharge before reconnecting it.
Avital allows you to program a remote when setting it up and reprogram one after that when it runs into an issue, you lose the code, have to get a replacement, etc.